Tim Burton and Bipolar Disorder
Tim Burton is listed among several celebrities believed to have bipolar disorder. One of the possible symptoms of manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder is an increase in creativity or imagination. A movie director and producer, people point to Tim Burton's creativity in his movies as evidence of bipolar disorder.
- Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder characterized by mood swings from extreme elevation to depression.
- Other people in film believed to have mood disorders include Carrie Fisher, Jean Claude van Damme, and Jim Carrey.
- Some of Tim Burton's more famous movies include Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands, Batman, and Batman Returns.
- Tim Burton is praised for his talent and the originality expressed in his movies.
- Tim Burton is one of many celebrities living with mental illness. Check out OrganizedWisdom's slideshow Celebrities with Mental Illness.