Hydrogen peroxide is a powerful oxidizer that looks like water. It is stronger than chlorine, chlorine dioxide, and potassium permanganate. Hydrogen peroxide is used in many different industries and ways. Generally people use the 3.5% pharmaceutical grade of hydrogen peroxide for its medical properties and general household use. Commonly people use it to sterilize cuts and abrasions.
- Hydrogen peroxide can be used as a mouthwash or to help whiten teeth.
- Used to kill dangerous bacteria, such as salmonella and E. Coli on fruit, vegetables and surfaces that food touches.
- Can be used as a disinfectant and cleaner.
- It can be used in the place of bleach to whiten clothes.
- Hydrogen peroxide will remove blood stains from clothing.