Gotu kola is not recommended for use during pregnancy. The safety of gotu kola during pregnancy has not been established. Animal studies have shown a reduction in fertility after taking gotu kola.
- If you become pregnancy while taking gotu kola, contact your doctor immediately.
- It is not known if gotu kola passes through breastmilk in a nursing mother.
- Gotu kola is typically used to treat varicose veins.
- Gotu kola is a plant native in the South Pacific.
- Gotu kola is available as a tea, dried herb, or in capsule or tablet form.