Garlic is a healthy natural way to help reduce inflammation. Inflammation is now known to be a factor in heart disease, strokes, and diabetes. Garlic contains the enzymes that generate inflammatory prostaglandins and thromboxanes which help reduce inflammation. Garlic also contains allicin, which is an antioxidant that helps with inflammation and is the reason for the strong smell of garlic.
- There are over 300 types of garlic.
- To remove garlic odor from your hands use lemon juice or salt and then wash with soap.
- Anti-inflammatory foods like garlic are good for people suffering from joint pain and other rheumatoid problems, as well as certain skin ailments.
- A diet including anti-inflammatory foods may help lessen the need for anti-inflammatory medications.
- Eating anti-inflammatory foods may help balance out the impact of stress, lack of exercise, genetics, and other lifestyle factors which all contribute to inflammation.
- Eating anti-inflammatory foods can also boost immunity.