Dark Chocolate Cake Recipes
Cake recipes using dark chocolate are not only delicious, but good for you, too! Dark chocolate can lower high blood pressure according to researchers. Also, dark chocolate is high in antioxidants which attack free radicals in the body which can cause heart disease, cancer, and a host of other medical conditions. It is important that patients understand that although dark chocolate is healthy, one must balance the additional calories carefully as a part of an overall heart healthy diet. OrganizedWisdom has compiled a list of sites which offer dark chocolate cake recipes below.
- The flavonoids found in dark chocolate are believed to relax blood vessels and may also positively affect and balance hormones.
- Although dark chocolate is considered healthy, consider using egg whites instead of eggs, and applesauce instead of oil. Combining the healthy food with unhealthy ingredients will sabotage the health benefits.
- Try switching other sweets in the diet with a piece of dark chocolate cake, but don't substitute healthy foods with cake.
- The American Heart Association recommends a diet filled with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables along with a combination of other low fat foods.
- See our slideshows on 20 heart healthy foods and 15 cholesterol fighting foods for more healthy eating tips.