In 1990, singer, songwriter, and blues guitarist, B.B. King was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. After learning about his condition, King became more confident after researching his condition and learning he could control his diabetes by oral medication and frequent blood glucose monitoring. King also controls his diabetes by maintaining a normal diet and eating sugar free products.
- B.B. King (also known as Riley Ben King) was born on September 16, 1925 in Itta Bena, Mississippi.
- King is the spokesperson for LifeScan.
- King is also a non-smoker, non-drinker, gambler, and licensed pilot.
- In 1997, King was hospitalized due to influenza.
- See our slideshow to find out what other celebrities are living with diabetes and sharing their stories to inspire others with the condition.