Abraham Lincoln and Mental Health
It has been suggested that Abraham Lincoln suffered from clinical depression. When he was a young man he had two nervous breakdowns. There was much concern by his friends that he might commit suicide.
- It has been thought that his depression was brought on by the death of his his mother and sister when he was young.
- Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the United States.
- He was born February 12, 1809 and was assassinated at the age of 56 on April 14, 1865 and died the next day.
- Abraham Lincoln is one of many celebrities that has suffered from a mental illness. Check out OrganizedWisdom's slideshow Celebrities with Mental Illness.
- If you think your symptoms may be indicative of depression, you can take an OrganizedWisdom quiz to help shed light on whether or not you may have this condition.